January 27 – April 4, 2014
Join thousands of Iowans in Live Healthy Iowa’s 10 Week Wellness Challenge. This simple and affordable challenge provides Iowans an opportunity to improve their health while engaging in a fun, friendly competiton.
Over the course of 10 weeks, teams (2-10 people) track activity minutes and/or weight loss through the Live Healthy Iowa website. Each team members has a personal online dashboard to report progress, monitor progress and access resources.
The Challenge works well for friends, families, businesses, schools or communities looking for an opportunity get healthy.
For $20, participants receive:
- Challenge T-shirt (NEW color in 2013!)
- Weekly activity, nutrition and recipe tips via e-mail
- A personal online tracking page
- Unlimited access to healthy recipes, health tips and more
- Opportunities to win individual prizes and team incentives
- One-year subscription to one of the lifestyle magazines listed below
- Better Homes and Gardens
- Ladies’ Home Journal
- Diabetic Living
- Every Day with Rachael Ray
- Family Circle
- Men’s Journal
- Men’s Health
- Runner’s World
Teams may register in the Minutes of Activity Division, the Weight Loss Division or both. In either case, individuals track and record minutes of activity and weight loss which is used to calculate your team’s percentage weight loss and total activity minutes. Friendly competition among teams is encouraged.
- Minutes of Physical Activity Division – Each team member reports the number of minutes they are physically active. Activity minutes recorded should be a result of intentional physical activity, rather than just daily activity. For example, walking to the elevator does not count but intentionally taking the stairs instead of the elevator does count. The goal of the challenge is to increase the time you spend being physically active each day.
- Weight Loss Division – Teams are assessed based on the combined weight of all members. Individuals can report their weight online or have their captain submit it for them. Team totals are viewed as percentage lost or gained. Individual weights are only viewable by that individual.
Registration opens December 16! Get your team together today!
There are two ways to register teams for a Live Healthy Iowa Challenge:
1. Multiple teams from a worksite or organization
Live Healthy Iowa’s wellness challenges can be easily administered in worksites or organizations registering multiple teams for participation. In this case, Live Healthy Iowa will assign the entity (worksite, church, etc.) its own Group ID for registration. Each team captain within the worksite or organization will use the Group ID during registration to link their individual teams together. Worksites or organizations who choose to use a Group ID will have the opportunity to monitor participation and track progress of their participants, as well as communicate through the internal message system.
2. Single teams of friends or family members
Live Healthy Iowa challenges are perfect for a group of friends, husband-wife teams or even co-workers. The fun, friendly competition provides a great opportunity to motivate and support each other in making healthy choices a priority.
Questions? Please contact us at (888)777-8881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.